Re: Batch save mode?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105137] Re: [mg105116] Batch save mode?
  • From: "David Annetts" <david.annetts at iinet.net.au>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 06:08:52 -0500 (EST)

Hi Erik,

> I'm going to be away from my copy of Mathematica for a while
> and may potentially want to show the work I've been doing for
> some friends.  I have several dozen notebooks and don't
> really want to save them all manually; is there an easy way
> to get Mathematica to batch load notebooks and save them as PDF?

There is FileNames[], StringReplace[], NotebookOpen[], Export[] &
SetDirectory[] ....

In a fresh notebook, have you tried something like

SetDirectory["directory where my notebooks live"];
ifile = FileNames["*.nb"];
ofile = StringReplace[#, {"nb"->"PDF"}]& /@ ifile;
(
	inb = NotebookOpen[ifile[[#]]];
	Export[ofile[[#]], inb]
)& /@ Range@Length@ifile;

YMMV depending on exactly what you want to do before saving the notebooks.

Regards,

Dave.