Re: Setting global InputAutoReplacements

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105152] Re: [mg105083] Setting global InputAutoReplacements
  • From: Leo Alekseyev <dnquark at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 06:48:35 -0500 (EST)

John, much thanks for the quick reply.  Allow me to elaborate, for the
benefits of whoever might be interested in setting up replacement
aliases (I think they are very handy!)

First, back up the existing Core.nb.
Then, open the options inspector, select "Core.nb"   from the first
drop-down box, and under Notebook Options -> File Options select
"Editable" and Saveable" (in that order).  Then in Core.nb expand
the last item, "Styles for Mathematica System-specific Elements" and
then expand "FormatType Styles".  Find local definitions for
StandardForm .

At this point you could try fiddling with InputAutoReplacements via
the options inspector , but this results in an error (at least for
me).  So what you need to do is open Core.nb in a text editor, search
for the line Cell[StyleData["StandardForm"], and add custom
replacement (as per John's instruction).  Alternatively, select the
cell, go to Edit->Copy As cell expression, paste it in a text editor
somewhere, make the necessary modifications, paste the cell expression
back (interpreting it) and delete the old cell.  You are done!

I hope this procedure is made easier in future versions :)

> This particular option isn't as easy to figure out or set as I'd like. =
 Two