Setting global InputAutoReplacements

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105083] Setting global InputAutoReplacements
  • From: Leo Alekseyev <dnquark at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 06:39:39 -0500 (EST)

Dear Mathgroup,

I am trying to create a few custom InputAutoReplacements that would
apply to all input cells by default.  I am trying to follow John
Fultz's instructions on
http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2000/Oct/msg00157.html,
but running into difficulties: the style for the input cell seems to
be defined by Core.nb, and when I select the "local definitions for
style "Input"" cell and go to the options inspector, the
InputAutoReplacements option is specified as {ParentsList}; I can't
figure out where the usual InputAutoReplacements rules (e.g. ->  goes
to \[Rule]) are stored so that I could append my own.  I'd appreciate
any help with this!

Thanks,
--Leo