Re: Re: Re: I broke the sum into pieces
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg105199] Re: [mg105174] Re: [mg105149] Re: I broke the sum into pieces
- From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
- Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 05:48:16 -0500 (EST)
- References: <4B0551F8.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <200911221111.GAA10575@smc.vnet.net> <200911231152.GAA21981@smc.vnet.net>
On 23 Nov 2009, at 20:52, Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:
> In higher dimensions the conjecture is even more different from what was
> implied in this post. It states that a homotopy n-sphere is homomorphic
> to an n-sphere. The condition that something is a homotopy n-sphere is a
> very strong one - relatively few manifolds are homotopy spheres! To say
> that this somehow implies that *all* manifolds "reduce" to spheres is a
> comical travesty.
In fact the conjecture is like: "if it quacks like a duck, it is a duck". And the "comical travesty" is presenting this as stating that "all birds are ducks".
Prev by Date:
Bug in Plot3D?
Next by Date:
Re: Not all points plot on my graph...
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: I broke the sum into pieces
Next by thread:
Batch save mode?