Re: Using GraphPlot to draw an empty graph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105368] Re: [mg105358] Using GraphPlot to draw an empty graph
  • From: Mark McClure <mcmcclur at unca.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 06:09:01 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 5:11 AM, J. McKenzie Alexander <jalex at lse.ac.uk> wrote:
> Is there a way of making GraphPlot draw an empty graph? I realise that
> this is an ill-defined question if one uses the default options for
> GraphPlot because there is no way for GraphPlot to know how many
> vertices it should draw.

If you specify the graph using an adjacency matrix representation, then it
does "know" how many vertices you've got and draws isolated vertices
accordingly.  In particular, your problem can be solved using
GraphPlot[{{}}]

Of course, I'm not sure how well that fits into your overall scheme.

Mark McClure