Re: Resume an aborted calculation?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg103659] Re: Resume an aborted calculation?
- From: psycho_dad <s.nesseris at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 06:41:30 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <200909300903.FAA09657@smc.vnet.net> <email@example.com>
Thanks for your prompt reply Dave! However, this is bot what I was looking for. So let me be more specific. What I had in mind was aborting a lengthy calculation, ending the current session and (say after a reboot and ~2 hours etc) resuming the previously aborted calculation. The reason I ask this is because many times I have to abort a really long calculation in order to switch off my laptop and go home etc. Of course, I would like not to waste the several hours my code was previously running! I hope my question is more clear now :) If I am not wrong, the methods you told me cannot do this. However, I am aware that in several programming languages this is possible, eg for fortran the g95 compiler supports this feature. Thanks in advance! Cheers, psyco_dad