Re: Using Mathematica 5.2 and 7.01 with separate settings

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103647] Re: Using Mathematica 5.2 and 7.01 with separate settings
  • From: Rocío Dulcinea Navarrete Muñoz <dulcinea.navarrete at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 06:39:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Sep 22, 6:08 am, Alexey <lehi... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have both installed Mathematica v.5.2 and 7.01 and I would like to
> use each of them with separate setting. At this moment when I change
> any option in Options Inspector of Mathematica 7 it also affects
> Mathematica 5.2 and leads to error messages when I launch v.5.2. Why
> this happens? And how to force each version to use its own separate
> settings?

Hi.

Sorry, i don't have the answer :( , instead, I have some questions for you.
Why do you think you need  to have both installed? Is there in version
5.2 benefits that are not integrated on 7.0.1 version?
these are because I=B4ve run some calculation in 5.2 that are solved
many, many, many  times faster than in 7.0.1, in a computer with the
same config.
I have not find any technical reference for this behavior yet ...
could you please give me some references to look for?=..