Re: Paper heading

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg103657] Re: Paper heading
  • From: Vince <blueschi at>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 06:41:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Sep 29, 7:41 am, Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbi... at> wrote:
> Dear Community,
> we discussed several times how one can create a heading to a notebook.
> That is, the notebook has few first cells containing a logo, and some
> custom text or/and graphic material. Several approaches have been
> indicated. One can have a look for example, to the thread of the recent
> question:
> as well as to some earlier discussions.
> My question now is the following.
> Assume I have such a heading in my notebook. When I transform this
> notebook into the pdf file, the heading appears only at the top of the
> first page of this file. Is there a trick to force it to appear at the
> top of each page of the pdf file?
> Regards, Alexei
> --
> Alexei Boulbitch, Dr., habil.
> Senior Scientist
> IEE S.A.
> ZAE Weiergewan
> 11, rue Edmond Reuter
> L-5326 Contern
> Luxembourg
> Phone: +352 2454 2566
> Fax:   +352 2454 3566
> This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or other=
wise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient and ha=
ve received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, =
copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us imme=
diately and destroy the original transmittal from your system. Thank you fo=
r your co-operation.

I've used PageHeaders and PageFooters for this. Though, I find them
very inconvenient for running graphics.

Tangentially, Mathematica would really benefit from a complete
notebook/slideshow template mechanism, similar to PowerPoint's slide

Vince Virgilio