Re: Re: reference manager in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103685] Re: [mg103655] Re: reference manager in Mathematica?
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 08:24:46 -0400 (EDT)

Until WRI decides to mainstream this functionality into Mathematica or if
someone already wrote a package the user is left to fend. Either patch
pieces together or reinvent the wheel. So I guess one would chisel this on
round tablets.

I use Publicon. The endnote functionality and bibliographic database work is
adequate. I would advise the poster to try Publicon.

As for the additional suggestions; Firefox is a web browser and Zotero is an
add-in for Firefox. The poster mentioned EndNote (assume they would want to
import existing data instead of starting new) and Zotero can import users
EndNote db. The final goal is to get reference information to be available
in Mathematica.  This was the only free (relatively free) route I could
think of. Nevertheless, for a relatively simple thing, the functionality is
lacking in many applications.

Hans