Import from web addresses fails

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103907] Import from web addresses fails
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 06:36:45 -0400 (EDT)

The addresses are correct and the files are there, I can click on the
addresses and down load the files... but all the Imports fail.

Is this a problem with my Mathematica install?

spotPrices=First@Import["http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/Crude1.xls";];
Import::nffil: File not found during Import. >>
First::normal: Nonatomic expression expected at position 1 in
First[$Failed]. >>

euData1=Import["http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h10/hist/dat00_eu.txt","Data";];
Import::nffil: File not found during Import. >>

ukData1=Import["http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h10/hist/dat00_uk.txt","Data";];
Import::nffil: File not found during Import. >>

Bobby

DrMajorBob at yahoo.com