Re: trading

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103950] Re: trading
  • From: "richard.wesley.todd" <richard.wesley.todd at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 23:20:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Oct 13, 6:18 am, Joel Reymont <joe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Who is using Mathematica for trading and backtesting?

I use it to help me develop technical indicators to support my
trading.  A few times, I've written posts involving my use of
mathematica:  http://www.movethemarkets.com/blog/tag/mathematica

To date, it's just been various small investigations, and then I go on
to pursue things in one of the programmable trading platforms.  Soon,
though, I plan to tie mathematica into ninjatrader via the .net/link
API, and have it do the actual analysis.  That's going to be great if
it works out, since I won't have to prototype the idea and then
implement it a second time by hand.