extracting network cellular automata from manipulate and instead use

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103951] extracting network cellular automata from manipulate and instead use
  • From: Jonas Aarsø Larsen <jaarsoe at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 23:20:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi. I have downloaded a demonstration from Wolframscience called
"Automata Generative Network1". It uses a parsing algorithm to make a
network from different cellular automata rules. It then uses
manipulate to plot the graph. What I would like to get some help with
is to make this demostration work without the manipulate command, and
instead use a basic GraphPlot3d command which would allow me to start
evaluating it from different perspective. If this can be done it will
also allow me to export it to dxf, using another script, and then
start doing finite element anaysis on it as a structural system -
something that interest me a lot since I am and architect/engineer
student. Any input or ideas how to do this is very much appreciated.
hope you can help me.
thanks, jonas