Re: Re: Mathematica 7.01 and Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103939] Re: [mg103929] Re: Mathematica 7.01 and Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  • From: Patrick Scheibe <pscheibe at trm.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 23:17:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

no, it's not that worse. I didn't had this but it would help to kill the
frozen kernel which is occupying your licence.
Just open a "Terminal" (it's a program under a subdirectory of the
Applications dir, you should find it). Type an adapted version of this:

ps -u patrick | grep Math

and you get something like

   502   704 ??        76:55.60 /Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/
MacOS/Mathematica -psn_0_135201
   502 55843 ??         1:05.73 /Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/
MacOS/MathKernel -mathlink -linkmode connect -linkprotocol
SharedMemory -linkname bze_shm
   502 55844 ??         0:16.46 /Applications/Mathematica.app/
SystemFiles/Links/JLink/JLink.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub -
init /tmp/m000001558431 -mathlink -linkmode connect -linkprotocol
SharedMemory -linkname 4hs_shm
   502 55846 ??         0:11.44 /Applications/Mathematica.app/
SystemFiles/Converters/Binaries/MacOSX-x86-64/TIFF.exe -mathlink -
linkmode connect -linkprotocol SharedMemory -linkname j54_shm

you have to kill the MathKernel bei either using the process id:

kill -9 55843

or by

killall -9 MathKernel

Hope this helps.