Re: Mathematica 7.01 and Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg103983] Re: Mathematica 7.01 and Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- From: Joel Reymont <joelr1 at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 07:57:43 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Oct 14, 4:25 am, John Fultz <jfu... at wolfram.com> wrote: > > We've been investigating this problem internally. Our initial investigation > suggests that this happens only when a Java runtime launched by the kernel has > been left running (for reasons yet unknown), even though the kernel died. If > you kill the Java runtime, then it'll free up the process. Why does the kernel launch a Java runtime?