Mathematica 5.2 with xorg-server-1.6 and updated Xorg libraries
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg103969] Mathematica 5.2 with xorg-server-1.6 and updated Xorg libraries
- From: Denis <denis.che at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 07:55:10 -0400 (EDT)
Is anyone still running Mathematica 5.2 on a linux box?
I have had it for a few years, and this version has been excellent and
very solid. I run it on a Gentoo box (kernel 2.6.30), with Xorg for
the X-window interface.
This was until I had a major X upgrade on Gentoo, going from
xorg-server-1.5.3 to xorg-server-1.6.3 and also libxcb was upgraded
from 1.1 to 1.4, along with other relevant libraries. After this
upgrade, my GUI/Frontend crashes X whenever I scroll up! How bizarre
The questions I have are following:
1) what does Mathematica 5.2 use for its FrontEnd? It is Qt? Motif?
Does someone know the version?
2) how does Mathematica link to the X-related libraries when it is
installed on Linux? does it make links to system libraries? If so,
do I need to re-link the libraries when I have major updates to this
libraries on my system? Maybe this is a cause of why my Frontend
crashes X when I scroll - if it isn't linked appropriately.
Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Prev by Date:
Re: Re: The graph of (x + 2)^(1/5) + 4 not plotted
Next by Date:
Re: Better Way of Testing and Replacing List Elements?
Previous by thread:
NDSolve -- how to impose constrint on function
Next by thread:
Re: Re: Re: The graph of (x + 2)^(1/5) + 4 not