Re: Why init.m is not being loaded from Autload folder? [Mathematica 7]
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg103994] Re: Why init.m is not being loaded from Autload folder? [Mathematica 7]
- From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
- Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 07:15:18 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <29530019.1255492739687.JavaMail.root@n11>
So, if one has a paclet documented application, one can MOVE the ENTIRE application from $UserBaseDirectory/Applications to $UserBaseDirectory/Autoload and then it will automatically load when Mathematica is started and it will still appear on the AddOns Documentation Center page, and all the documentation will be available in the normal matter. Seems to work. David Park djmpark at comcast.net http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/ From: John Fultz [mailto:jfultz at wolfram.com] The init.m file doesn't go directly into the Autoload directory, but into the Kernel/ subdirectory of an application directory in Autoload. So, for example, Autoload/MyApp/Kernel/init.m This way, multiple applications can be installed into the Autoload directory and Mathematica will be initialized by each one in turn. Sincerely, John Fultz jfultz at wolfram.com User Interface Group Wolfram Research, Inc.