launch kernel for another notebook within a notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104004] launch kernel for another notebook within a notebook
  • From: Tim Kostka <kostka at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 07:17:14 -0400 (EDT)

Within one notebook, I would like to launch a separate kernel to evaluate a
separate notebook.  Is there some way to do this?
For example, within the file "master.nb" I want one line to launch a
separate kernel to evaluate the notebook "slave.nb".  I don't need the two
kernels to communicate at all with each other. They can run entirely in
parallel.

Many thanks,
Tim