Re: launch kernel for another notebook within a notebook

On Oct 15, 7:15 am, Tim Kostka <kos... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Within one notebook, I would like to launch a separate kernel to evaluate a
> separate notebook.  Is there some way to do this?
> For example, within the file "master.nb" I want one line to launch a
> separate kernel to evaluate the notebook "slave.nb".  I don't need the two
> kernels to communicate at all with each other. They can run entirely in
> parallel.
>
> Many thanks,
> Tim

Consider option Evaluator (http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/
ref/Evaluator.html), in some variant of the syntax below.

    NotebookOpen["slave.nb", Evaluator -> "Aux"]

where you have defined kernel "Aux" in Mathematica's menu "Evaluation
| Kernel Configuration Options | Add".

Vince Virgilio

Vince Virgilio