Re: Generic Mapping Tools and Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg104057] Re: Generic Mapping Tools and Mathematica
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 07:03:20 -0400 (EDT)

Just two very quick thoughts.  One is that much that is WorldPlot is
quite old, and much of that is in it is better accessed through
CountryData and GeodesyData.

Another thing that is new in Mathematica version 7 (or was it 6?) are
the various Geo functions such as GeoPostion and so on.  Execute

 to see some of them.

I hope this helps you get started....