Mathematica7 doesn't copy/paste metafile in vector format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104166] Mathematica7 doesn't copy/paste metafile in vector format
  • From: Lawrence Teo <lawrenceteo at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 06:32:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I recently found that Mathematica 7 doesn't copy/paste metafile in
vector format anymore, as compared to Mathematica 5.2

Although I could still Copy As > Metafile in Mathematica 7, pasting it
into Office 2007 will result in rasterized bitmap image. Rasterized
bitmap image means low resolution and bad quality. Unacceptable to me.

It doesn't help even if I Export to EMF or WMF format. Inserting those
EMF/WMF files into Office 2007 still gives me the same rasterized
bitmap image.

I also realize that Mathematica could Copy As > Metafile in vector
format successfully for certain functions, but not for all functions.
For example, Plot2D[] seems to work. Plot3D[] and ContourPlot[] don't,
no matter how I try.

There is very little information online on this topic. I basically
just found 2 other similar cases. Does anyone have any solution and
workaround to this?

Thanks.