Re: Mathematica7 doesn't copy/paste metafile in vector format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104184] Re: [mg104166] Mathematica7 doesn't copy/paste metafile in vector format
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 02:19:02 -0400 (EDT)

The basic problem is that the Windows and Enhanced metafile formats just don't
have enough features to support a high fidelity vector representation of certain
Mathematica outputs...for example, those containing color gradients or
transparency.  We elected to rasterize the graphics in these cases figuring that
a high quality bitmap is better than a low quality vector image.  It is an
imperfect solution for an imperfect world.

I would suggest trying to export it as a bitmap with a high enough resolution
for your needs.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com