RE: Re: Howto convert a 2D graphic to a 3D graphic

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104269] RE: [mg104208] Re: Howto convert a 2D graphic to a 3D graphic
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 01:09:36 -0400 (EDT)

The Presentations package has the routines Circle3D and Disk3D to directly
draw such objects.

Circle3D[position,normal,radius,anglerange] will draw a circle with the
specified position and radius. The orientation of the circle is given by the
normal vector.

Also it is very easy to combine these objects with other 3D graphics in a
single graphics statement and to do various transformations such as
rotations or translations on individual objects.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: dh [mailto:dh at metrohm.com]

Hi David,

you could e.g. display the circle as a thin cylinder:

Graphics3D[Cylinder[{{0, 0, 0}, {0, 0, .01}}, 1]]

hope this helps, Daniel