Re: Re: Problem with recent file list in Mathematica 7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102889] Re: [mg102862] Re: Problem with recent file list in Mathematica 7
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 03:54:07 -0400 (EDT)

I keep a folder on my desktop that contains shortcuts to my most common
Mathematica folders and files. It's pretty stable and I don't edit it much.

I also have a desktop folder called "CurrentBackups" where I put short term
backup copies of important notebooks between less frequent system backups.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: AES [mailto:siegman at stanford.edu]

In article <h7dits$kah$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Tom D <tdickens at att.net> wrote:

> I'm having a problem - Mathematica 7 occasionally loses its list of
> recent notebooks (under the 'File' menu). Is anyone else seeing this,
> and is there a fix?

And also, how to you "freeze" a notebook -- e.g., a collection of
personal hints and tricks -- so that it stays permanently in that menu
and never ages or rotates out?