Re: Thumbnail Method Option

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103069] Re: Thumbnail Method Option
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 02:34:00 -0400 (EDT)

On 2009.09.06. 13:37, David Reiss wrote:
> Does anyone know what any of the other possibilities for the Method
> Option to Thumbnail are.  THe default is Method->Automatic.  But the
> documentation doe not say anything about this option.

Hello David,

I do not know what that option does or what the possible values are.
But we can guess that it controls the method used to resample the image,
and thus works the same as the Method otpion of ImageResize (which is
again undocumented).  I tried using the names of a few common image
resampling methods, and the following worked:

"Lanczos", "Bilinear", "Bicubic", "Nearest", "Gaussian"

Most likely there are more valid values than these.

I hope this helps,
Szabolcs