Switching between 32 and 64 bit kernels, licensing?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103152] Switching between 32 and 64 bit kernels, licensing?
  • From: Scott Morrison <scott.morrison at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 04:44:53 -0400 (EDT)

I want to boot my OS X snow leopard machine using the 64 bit kernel
some days, the 32 bit kernel other days.

Unfortunately, this breaks Mathematica's licensing mechanism -- it
wants a new password under the 64 bit kernel. Presumably getting a new
password won't fix my problem, as then I won't be able to run under
the 32 bit kernel.

Is there a solution?