MathematicaMark7: slow core i7/xeon matrix multiplication

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103138] MathematicaMark7: slow core i7/xeon matrix multiplication
  • From: wpb <wicher.bergsma at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 04:42:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I ran the MathematicaMark7 benchmark on my computer with a Xeon W3520
2.66GHz processor (I think more or less the same as the core i7) and
windows xp 64 and found my computer is more than twice as slow on
matrix multiplication as a similar system with the older Xeon E5410 at 2.33GHz.
My score was 2.45sec, the E5420 used only 1.06sec.

My pc had a slightly better overall score, but the above result is
weird, any ideas why?

Wicher