Re: Problem with recent file list in Mathematica 7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103172] Re: Problem with recent file list in Mathematica 7
  • From: Peter Breitfeld <phbrf at t-online.de>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:16:37 -0400 (EDT)

AES wrote:

> In article <h7dits$kah$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Tom D <tdickens at att.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm having a problem - Mathematica 7 occasionally loses its list of
>> recent notebooks (under the 'File' menu). Is anyone else seeing this,
>> and is there a fix?
>>

> And also, how to you "freeze" a notebook -- e.g., a collection of
> personal hints and tricks -- so that it stays permanently in that menu
> and never ages or rotates out?

If you want a single file permanently in Files/RecentFiles open the file
$UserBaseDirectory/FrontEnd/init.m

In the section NotebooksMeu->{...} is the list of recent files. The
entries for each file are the path and the CharacterEncoding and at the
very end "True,False",True". Change this to "True,False,False".

Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany -- http://www.pBreitfeld.de