Produce PDFs of Documentation notebooks?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103242] Produce PDFs of Documentation notebooks?
  • From: Tyler <hayes.tyler at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 05:27:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hello All:

I'm currently running Mathematica 7.0.1 on a Linux computer, and there is a
bug where any documentation that uses the Help Browser (old style
documentation) pegs my CPU and I have to shutdown Mathematica. The frustration
is that three of the packages I've purchased from Wolfram (Time
Series, Neural Networks, and Wavelet Explorer) use this old style. As
such, I'm hamstrung trying to learn how to use these.

Thankfully, I've found the documentation online, which will allow me
to at least copy code. However, I still like to have a hardcopy to
peruse at my leisure away from the computer. One thing I thought was
to convert all of the notebooks to a PDF, then concatenate them all
together. I was wondering if there is a way to do this as a shell
script from the command line. That is, For all notebooks in the
subdirectories under:

/usr/share/Mathematica/Applications/Wavelets/Documentation/English

Open the notebook in Mathematica and save each as a PDF, effectively the same
name, new extension.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on how to do this?

Cheers,

t.