Re: Stylesheets and templates?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103246] Re: Stylesheets and templates?
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 05:28:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, David,

I answer only to the second part of your question. Below please find code that I made for myself with a part of heading
of my company, to do company internal documents in Mathematica, rather then in Word. Place this code in the very first
cell of your document, execute and then collapse around the Out cell.

In the same manner you may like to make your own heading suited to your needs. Be aware, that if you want to change
some text in the table, you need to do it in the code, rather than in the table itself.

Hope this helps, Alexei

date = ToString[DateString[]];
startTable1 = {
   {Text[Style["Project Name", 11, Bold]],
    Text[Style["Type proj. name", 11]],
    Text[Style["Project Number", 11, Bold]],
    Text[Style["Type proj. Nr", 11]], \[SpanFromLeft]},
   {Text[Style["Autor", 11, Bold]], Text[Style["Type your name", 11]],
     Text[Style["Creation Date:", 11, Bold]], Text[Style[date, 10]],
    Text[Style["Project Leader", 11, Bold]],
    Text[Style["Type his name", 11]]},
   {Text[Style["File Name: ", 11, Bold]],
    Text[Style["Type file name", 11]], \[SpanFromLeft]},
   {Text[Style["Copy:", 11, Bold]],
    Text[Style["Type to whom the copy should be sent", 11,
      Plain]], \[SpanFromLeft]},
   {Text[Style["Keywords:", 11, Bold]],
    Text[Style[" Type keywords", 11, Plain]], \[SpanFromLeft]}
   };

Grid[startTable1, Frame -> All,
 ItemSize -> {{5.5, Automatic}, {14, Automatic}, {6, Automatic}, {2,
    Automatic}}]

Can anyone direct me to a good a primer on stylesheets for Mathematica
7?  I don't mind if this is a website, a book, or anything else--I'd
just like something which starts from the basics and will teach me to
create stylesheets (but specifically for Mathematica 7)

Also, I'm interested in creating a memo template for Mathematica and
I'm wondering if there are any examples of this available
(specifically, I'd like to be able to open a notebook which has some
text at the top for To:, From:, CC:, Date:, etc. fields and possibly a
logo).

Thanks in advance.

David Skulsky

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr., habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 Contern
Luxembourg

Phone: +352 2454 2566
Fax:   +352 2454 3566

Website: www.iee.lu

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.