Mathematica, .NET/Link, and Mac OS?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103552] Mathematica, .NET/Link, and Mac OS?
  • From: Andreas <aagas at ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 23:06:15 -0400 (EDT)

Can one use .NET/Link while, running Mathematica on an Apple operating
system?  I want to:

1.  Run Mathematica on Apple hardware
2.  Use a data service, to supply streaming data.

I face the challenge that the data service has a .NET based API.
Rather than run a virtual machine running a Windows OS on a Mac or
Xserve then passing data to the other part of the machine, I wondered
if Mathematica would let me work with the API's COM objects directly?
Seems like it might, IF Mathematica has a VM or sandbox for the ,NET
stuff to run.  Not clear on the details of how it might actually
work.  Neat trick if Mathematica can do it.

Does anyone know if this might work and if so what they've done under
the hood to make it work (just generally)?

Thx.