Finding order of all numbers in a Finite Field

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108854] Finding order of all numbers in a Finite Field
  • From: Adam Risi <adam at adamrisi.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 07:44:58 -0400 (EDT)

Given a Galois field of size p (p being prime), how would I go about
getting a list of the order of each number in the field (0-(p-1))?

I have already read the docs about galois fields in the FiniteField
package (very nice), but I am having trouble finding information about
order calculation.

Thanks!