Re: 10.6.3 and Home Edition crashes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108865] Re: 10.6.3 and Home Edition crashes
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 07:47:09 -0400 (EDT)

meitnik wrote:
> I just recently updated to a new iMac and 10.6.3. A long, complex nb
> with dynamic content and its own style sheet repeatedly crashes on me
> when I am scrolling down the long notebook. Anyone else finding
> problems with 10.6.3 and Home Edition?? I am concerned also that Home
> Edition is strictly 32 bit and am running fully 64 bit. Thanks
> andrew

This reminds me somewhat of a problem I had on Windows at version 6. On
my notebook computer scrolling certain .nb files would cause a crash. In
that case the problem was with the screen driver software, and updating
this cured the problem.

I don't suppose it has anything to do with using the home edition.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk