Re: Mathematica Programming

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108923] Re: Mathematica Programming
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 03:21:05 -0400 (EDT)

Nicholas Chung wrote:
> I have Mathematica 7 but I was wondering how it compares to
> WebMathematica and WorkBench? Can I create full applications and
> interactive websites with Mathematica? How much control do I have over
> the user interface design?

You can certainly create full applications - the WorkBench can help with
some tasks, such as debugging and project organisation, but it is not
required to access Mathematica's functionality. You can also export a
variety of still and moving images, which are ideal for putting on a
website. For a fully interactive websites you would need WebMathematica.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk