Re: Mathematica front-end very sluggish under Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108976] Re: Mathematica front-end very sluggish under Linux
  • From: Jonas Stein <news at jonasstein.de>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:38:40 -0400 (EDT)

> For a few months now I have been using Mathematica 7.0.1 under Ubuntu
> 9.10, and I'm finding the front end to be very sluggish.  Scrolling is
> slow, and when I am editing a part of a large code block, it sometimes

I have similar problems on debian linux. I suppose, mathematica uses the
wrong JAVA enginge by default.

I had similar experience with JOSM when it was started with something
different then SUN JAVA 6

I have no idea, how to help mathematica to find the 'correct' engine.

Kind regards,

--
Jonas Stein <news at jonasstein.de>