Re: Mathematica Programming

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108972] Re: Mathematica Programming
  • From: "Scot T. Martin" <smartin at seas.harvard.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:04:32 -0400 (EDT)

As a further hint from webMathematica user, we have used it both on
Unix/Apache platform and on Windows platform. The installation is easier
and the system more stable with the Windows platform, at least for us.
Nevertheless, we still use the Unix/Apache platform for no excellent
reason.

As a product, I find that webMathematica is superb: the full access to the
Mathematica command set really gives an excellent amount of control and
possibilities (at very little programming effort) to all kinds of high-end
web-based applications (i.e., database, technical, graphical, etc).