Re: Symplify Table

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109051] Re: Symplify Table
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 06:51:21 -0400 (EDT)

Correction: As David Park has already noted [mg109025] in this thread,
it's dangerous to use upper case letters to begin names of objects you
create.

In particular, C is a protected symbol, used as the Head of parameters
generated, for example, when solving differential equations.

For the nonce, neither A nor B is a System symbol, so you could use
both. But probably best to be consistent in naming three such related
entities in a way such as he suggested.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305