"Page-Flip" Idea --- How would one attack this problem?

Group:

I've always wondered how page-flipping effects were created in Flash
or PDF documents... Recently, I came across the following explanation
(with math included), showing how to create the effect in Microsoft
Silverlight:

http://www.cynergysystems.com/blogs/page/rickbarraza?entry=the_secret_behind_the_page

I sense this could be pulled off in Mathematica ---though I also sense
it's FAR beyond my current capabilities!  :)

Maybe someone can turn this into a Demonstrations Project or a Mathematica
Journal article.

-RG