- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg109432] Sphere formula
- From: "S. B. Gray" <stevebg at ROADRUNNER.COM>
- Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 04:05:16 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: stevebg at ROADRUNNER.COM
1. The center of a sphere through 4 points has a very nice determinant
form. (http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Sphere.html) What I want is a nice
formula for the center of a sphere through 3 points, where the center is
in the plane of the three points. I have a formula but it's a horrible
mess of hundreds of lines, even after FullSimplify.
2. (Unlikely) Is there a way to get Mathematica to put a long formula into a
matrix/determinant form if there is a nice one?
Any tips will be appreciated.
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
3D visulaisation of 3D matrix for a 3D CA
Previous by thread:
Re: Matrix questions
Next by thread:
Re: Sphere formula