3D visulaisation of 3D matrix for a 3D CA

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109425] 3D visulaisation of 3D matrix for a 3D CA
  • From: jongren <jongrenoble at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 04:03:59 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have a 3D matrix, of the form
{{{1, 2, 3, 4},
  {5, 6, 7, 8},
  {9, 10,11,12},
  {13,14,15,16}},
 {{17, 18, 19, 20},
  {21, 22, 23, 24},
  {25, 26, 27, 28},
  {29, 30, 31, 32}}}

I want to plot this matrix, where every number is a unit cube, to give a sort of 3D grid, where the number gives the colour. In reality most numbers would be 0, which would be transparent.

I want to do this as I'm developing a 3D partitioned cellular automaton, and have it defined over structures of this sort, and I want to be able to visualise its development. In 2D I've used MatrixPlot and Animate to do this.

One layer is 1-16, and the second is 17-32.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!