exporting graphics as PDF

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109459] exporting graphics as PDF
  • From: "Walschap, Gerard" <gerard at ou.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 01:58:50 -0400 (EDT)

A few months back, I knew how to export a graphic from Mathematica (such as the one generated by Plot3D) as a PDF file to include in a LaTeX document. The resulting PDF file looked exactly like the original notebook one.

For the life of me, I can't remember how it worked. If I just select the graphic in the notebook and do a "save selection as" (on a Mac), I do get a PDF file, but the graphic does not look nearly as good as the original one in the notebook.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA

-Gerard =