Mathematica- Use a previous equation into the function Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111441] Mathematica- Use a previous equation into the function Function
  • From: Camille <camille.segarra at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 04:58:30 -0400 (EDT)

Dear All,

I am fairly new to mathematica. I am stuck with a problem I cannot solve. I would like to call a previous equation into the function Function. If a type directly the expression or copy paste it, it works. However, when I call the expression by its name it does not.
Here is the code for a more precise explanation:

In: ll
Out: d + a x + h x^2 + b y + e x y + c z + j z^2

In: Function[##, a x + b y + c z + d + e x y + h x^2 + j z^2] & @@ {Listp}
Out: Function[{a, b, c, d, e, h, j},
 a x + b y + c z + d + e x y + h x^2 + j z^2]

It works well and I can use it to generate as many equations I want by replacing the variables a,b,c,d,e,h,j.
But if I do:

In:Function[##, ll] & @@ {Listp}
Out:Function[{a, b, c, d, e, h, j}, ll]

And I cannot use it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. Do not hesitate to post if you need some further information. Sorry for my bad english.

Camille