Re: Frontend suggestions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111713] Re: Frontend suggestions
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at cox.net>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 04:46:38 -0400 (EDT)

The FE and the language itself needs a new expression between Notebook and
Cell (above CellGroup which is still a Cell) we need Compartment.
Compartments can exist side by side in the screen environment and content
can overflow into the next linked Compartment.

With Compartment you can now do interactive pagination.

The FE still feels as if one is writing in Galley mode. Pagination is or
feels batched. Is it a notebook or a scroll?

So in version 8 or 9 or earlier I would like to see:
Mathematica notebooks consist of lists of Compartments objects.
New in 8 or 9 or earlier

Hans