Re: Mathematica won't stop

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111771] Re: Mathematica won't stop
  • From: Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at me.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 06:53:09 -0400 (EDT)

On the Mac at least, I can usually cut off a running calculation by quitting the kernel (using the pull down menu).

When this fails, I can force quit Mathematica from the OS. I don't know if there is an equivalent action on windows.

I never had to shut down the whole computer because I couldn't stop Mathematica.

Themis