Re: A new graphic user interface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111794] Re: A new graphic user interface
  • From: Uayeb <uayebswinburne at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 06:57:27 -0400 (EDT)

Kevin and Murry,

Although I've never tried, it seems Mathematica should already provide
much of the functionality needed to do this. I must admit I'm often
plagued by the same problem, so a fix to this would be handy.

Seems that we should be able to set a hook on on a regular event that
causes the notebook to be saved (possibly a copy in a temporary
location). For my own purposes, ideally this could be every time
evaluation completes.

I had a look through the documentation for EventHandler,
NotebookEventActions, and FrontEndEventActions, but none of them seem
to have an "evaluation complete" event.

The documentation at FrontEndEventActions has an example which is very
similar to what we need, though: it adds a hook to closing a window
that appends the title of the notebook to a list.

I wouldn't be surprised if such an event isn't generated somewhere,
but it doesn't seem to be documented.Anyone else have any ideas?

Cheers,
Andy Green

Astronomy PhD Student
Swinburne University