Re: How can I change $GeoLocation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111870] Re: How can I change $GeoLocation
  • From: telefunkenvf14 <rgorka at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 05:54:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Aug 14, 5:32 am, robert <lawrence.gold... at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I installed Mathematica $GeoLocation was set near,  but not at,
> my actual location. Can I change this?

Easy fix.

(* This uses GPS or IP lookup to try and figure out your location. You
can see what the global value is set to at any time by evaluating
$GeoLocation *)
In[3]:= FindGeoLocation[]
Out[3]= {40.78,-96.7}

(* If you don't like the location, say, if you want to override it or
if your IP address is causing Mathematica to report something inaccurate, you
can explicitly change the global default *)
In[4]:= $GeoLocation={50,-50}
Out[4]= {50.,-50.}

(* Evaluate $GeoLocation to confirm the settings did change. *)
In[5]:= $GeoLocation
Out[5]= {50.,-50.}

-RG