Re: Frontend suggestions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg111891] Re: Frontend suggestions
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 01:21:51 -0400 (EDT)

Here's a typical scenario where "undo" and/or (semi-)automatic backup
from within Mathematica would be useful -- one that just happened to me
and has happened before:

I deleted a cell, or at least that's what I thought I was doing. But
actually I accidentally selected an entire group containing that cell
and, whoosh, the whole group was gone.

On 8/16/2010 5:53 AM, Bob F wrote:
> An "undo" command that really let's you recover from accidents would
> be so useful. Can't believe this hasn't been done yet. The current
> undo sometimes does something and sometimes does nothing. Very
> difficult to know what to expect.
> -Bob

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305