Re: Frontend suggestions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111886] Re: Frontend suggestions
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at cox.net>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 01:20:55 -0400 (EDT)

The Textbox used in Word is more of an OLE structure than a page with in a
page. When this structure is translated to a nearly complex document format
the Textbox is translated to VML. I see no need for a direct translation of
Compartment. Nor a path to outsourcing. So Compartment would not be like a
Textbox.

I could also see Compartments helping not hurting in bringing "jump-linked"
sections near its related anchor, as compartments can exist side by side.

There needs to be some more degrees of freedom in composition. Does not have
to be impositions (as it relates to printing). Again I am not tied to
printing or the page.
Hans