Re: Google groups (?) always breaks my code...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg111898] Re: Google groups (?) always breaks my code...
- From: Ray Koopman <koopman at sfu.ca>
- Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 07:04:41 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Aug 15, 4:38 am, Simon <simonjty... at gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone else have the problem of code getting broken by > "a -> b" > being interpreted as a minus sign then quoted text? > "a ->b" > > The most recent example was athttp://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/msg/... > > Is this created by my accessing the newsgroup via groups.google or > something else? > Anyone got suggestions to fix this? > > Simon The google groups posting interface wants original lines (not quoted lines) to have no more than 70 characters. If a line is too long, it will insert a hard CR at the last possible word break that will keep the line length <= 70 characters. (Trailing spaces are eliminated.) Your problem stems from the fact that it thinks hyphenated words can be broken after the hyphen. The solution is to insert your own CRs.