NonLinearModelFit crash (restart) the mathematica (v7.0) kernel.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111908] NonLinearModelFit crash (restart) the mathematica (v7.0) kernel.
  • From: fdfsdf <kurtz1980 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 07:06:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I have a segment fault using NonlinearModelFit when running the
example help or some example in a normal notebook.

I have installed Mathematica 7.0 for Linux  x86 (64-bit) (February 18,
2009) in a debian lenny with linux kernel 2.6.32-bpo.5-amd64 #1 SMP
Fri Jun 11 08:42:31 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux. The pc have 4
processors of x86-64 type. The mathematica kernel segment fault,
however no error message appears and the front end only refresh colors
as a never evaluated notebook. I know that it is a segment fault by
the command line application "math" from mathematica.

I had installed Mathematica in a pc with 2 processor 32 bit type
(debian lenny but the kernel is the default 2.26) and I had no
problems. Also, I have installed Mathematica in a pc with 2 processors
of 64 bit (also debian lenny and linux kernel 2.26), also I had no
problems.

The easy solution would be change the newest kernel 2.32 by the stable
2.26, however another issues non-related with Mathematica happens in
this newest pc. Then, using 2.32 kernel is mandatory for me in this
pc.

Could someone help me with this issue? Is it the best place to put
this problem? Is there here somebody experimenting linux kernel
problems using Mathematica?

Thank you in advance.