Re: embedding 2D graphic

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg112013] Re: embedding 2D graphic
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <alexei.boulbitch at>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 06:15:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, David,
one possibility would be ParametricPlot3D. Have a look here:

ParametricPlot3D[{Sin[t], Cos[3 t], 0}, {t, 0, 2 \[Pi]},
 PlotRange -> {{-1, 1}, {-1, 1}, {0, 1}}]

I have a 2D graphic that I wish to place on the xy-plane and display in a 3D-coordinate system.  I've tried using Import but with no success.

Any ideas?

Alexei Boulbitch, Dr. habil.
Senior Scientist
Material Development

ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter

Tel: +352 2454 2566
Fax: +352 2454 3566
Mobile: +49 (0) 151 52 40 66 44

e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or
otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby
notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly
prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original
transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.